Monday, April 2, 2007

New World Record

When I went online today there was a news article, which caught my attention. The article describes a Japanese musician who played the piano for 184 hours non-stop. Initially I did not think about how long 184 hours really was, but when I did the math and found out that this translated to nine days; I was completely surprised. The musician was able to overcome fatigue for these nine days and break a new world record. Music from the concert included various arrangements including some of The Beetles and traditional Japanese music. I am amazed that this can even be done. I get tired from being awake for 15 hours, and for a pianist to play music for 184 hours seems almost impossible. The previous record on file was done in Canada, which lasted 182 hours. The concert began March 23 and ended March 31st and various musicians came to see the performance. During the performance there was a magnitude 6.9 earthquake which, shook the stage, while she was playing, but this didn’t stop her from breaking the world record.

No comments: